Protocol still serve several essential functions in society today!
- Etiquette provides personal security. Knowing how to behave appropriately in a given situation makes you more comfortable.
- It protects the feelings of others. Proper etiquette requires that you make others comfortable and defend their beliefs. You do not point out their errors or draw attention to their mistakes.
- It makes communication clearer. Etiquette enhances communication by breaking down barriers, not erecting them.
- It will improve your status at work. In any working situation, you are perceived as more capable, more professional, and more intelligent if you are familiar with the proper code of conduct for the workplace.
- It makes good first impressions. The first five to seven seconds after you meet someone are crucial. Your first impression lingers in the other person's mind long after you are gone. If you use proper etiquette, that first impression will be a positive one.
5 Reasons Child should learn the Rules of Etiquette:
- They won’t be 12 years old for the rest of their lives.
- They won’t live at home for the rest of their lives.
- They'll want a high paying job/career.
- They'll want to meet people and build a relationship
- They don't want to be lonely as they get older in age
8 Skills every Teen should learn:
- Rules of Etiquette
- Cleaning up
- Car maintenance
- Their Laundry
- Making appointments
- How to cook
- Managing money